Terms & Conditions
COVERAGE SERVICE REQUIREMENTS:
1. Original Content: All entries submitted to the Nashville Film Festival (NashFilm) Coverage Program must be original works by the applicant.
2. Submissions: Submissions must be made online. No mailed or emailed entries are accepted. All submissions are final, and NashFilm does not issue refunds. Each submission will be sent a confirmation email once payment is processed. The coverage turnaround timeline will not begin until payment has been received.
3. Formatting: Screenplays must be in English and formatted according to industry standards.
4. Co-Authors: If a screenplay has more than one author, it is up to the authors to decide how many authors to list on the application and who will be the primary contact e-mail. Services are given per entry, not per author.
By submitting my screenplay and/or written Material to the Nashville Film Festival, I:
1. Recognize that NashFilm, its representatives and files are replete with ideas and stories for theatrical motion pictures and television programs and that new ideas for motion pictures and television programs are constantly being submitted to NashFilm. I also recognize that many stories and ideas are similar and often different stories and ideas related to one or more common underlying themes.
2. I agree to indemnify NashFilm and its representatives, including its judges and readers, against any and all claims, expenses, losses or liabilities that may be asserted against NashFilm and its representatives at any time in connection with said Material, or any use thereof, including without limitation those arising from any breach of the warranties and promises given by me herein.
3. I hereby release and discharge NashFilm and its representatives, including judges and readers, from any and all claims and demands and will not assert, maintain, or assist
any party in asserting or maintaining any claims or demands against NashFilm arising out of, or in connection with the Materials, including without limitation, any and all claims for libel, rights of publicity, theft, or misappropriation of ideas or trade secrets or infringement of copyright or other intellectual property rights.
4. I warrant I am the sole owner and author of the Material submitted.
5. I agree that any part of the submitted Material which is not novel or original and not legally protected may be used by NashFilm without any liability on NashFilm.
6. NashFilm shall not be under any obligation to me with respect to the submitted material except as may later be set forth in a fully executed written agreement between us.
7. I have retained a copy of the Material and agree that NashFilm shall not be obligated to return the Material to me.
8. I acknowledge that NashFilm is under no obligation to use the Material in any manner. I warrant it is original to me and that I am the author and owner of the Material.
9. I acknowledge that the Coverage Program is separate from the Screenplay and Film Competition. Purchasing Coverage Services will in no way impact the judging status of any past and/or future entries in the Film and Screenwriting Competitions.